Last Updated and Effective September 11, 2017
- All materials, files, communications and other information posted to (uploaded), received (downloaded) or otherwise obtained via ADA Connect ("Posted Information") is intended solely for the use and benefit of authorized users of the ADA Connect community site on which the information was posted.
- All communications via ADA Connect should be related to the business of the ADA and its subsidiaries, and state and local dental societies and the community in which the communications is made. All Posted Information should relate to and be used for the business of the ADA and its subsidiaries, the state and local dental societies and the community in which the information is posted.
- Except where prior permission has been expressly granted by the ADA in writing, you will not share, forward, distribute, discuss or otherwise disclose Posted Information to any individual who is not authorized to receive Posted Information. If you have any questions regarding whether the requisite permission has been granted, please contact the ADA.
- You will take reasonable precautions to protect Posted Information (whether in oral, electronic or printed form) from any unauthorized disclosure and to prevent unauthorized individuals from having access to and/or obtaining Posted Information. You will not grant access to an ADA Connect community site to anyone who is not authorized to access that community site. You will immediately notify
firstname.lastname@example.org if you find that you have access to a community site which you are not authorized to access.
- Certain Posted Information may be confidential in nature to the ADA and therefore may be labeled as "Confidential Information" or "Restricted" on ADA Connect. You acknowledge and agree that the ADA could suffer financial, reputational or other harm if ADA Confidential Information were divulged to anyone other than those authorized to receive such information. You further acknowledge and agree that unauthorized disclosure of ADA Confidential Information could expose the disclosing party to personal liability or financial consequences. To the extent applicable to you, you are hereby advised that any liability resulting from the unauthorized disclosure of ADA Confidential Information is not covered by the indemnity provisions of the ADA Bylaws. Also, to the extent applicable to you,
you are advised that the fiduciary duty against divulging ADA Confidential Information never ends. It continues even after an individual no longer holds any position with, or office of, the ADA.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, you understand and agree that ADA cannot guarantee the confidentiality of ADA Connect. Due to the very nature of the medium, Posted Information may be widely disseminated and unauthorized users may gain access to the Posted Information.
- You will abide by all rules and procedures regarding use of ADA Connect as established from time to time by the ADA.
- ADA Connect may not be used to:
- Practice dentistry online.
- Violate the antitrust laws, including by facilitating any price fix, boycott, or market allocation.
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate, or encourage others to violate, any law, regulation, treaty or tariff.
- Post materials that are unrelated to the ADA Connect community's business and purpose.
- Solicit, advertise or proselytize for outside commercial, religious, charitable, political or other causes.
- Post materials intended for a specific individual (these should be sent through direct e-mail).
- Post copyrighted materials without the permission of the copyright owner.
- Post materials that infringe intellectual property rights of others or the privacy or publicity rights of others.
- Post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, profane, sexist, racist, hateful, or embarrassing to any person or entity.
- Impersonate another person, including by forging or removing email address information.
- Damage the name of ADA, its tripartite constituent or component societies, affiliates, subsidiaries, other related entities, trustees, officers, agents and/or employees.
- Interfere with use or enjoyment of ADA Connect by others.
- Transmit materials or hold discussions that are subject to the attorney-client privilege.
- Maintain or transmit sensitive personal information, including but not limited to Social Security numbers, credit card or debit card information, drivers' license numbers, account numbers, PINs or passwords, health information, health insurance information, or biometric information.
- If you believe any content appearing on ADA Connect may infringe your copyright, please send a written notification via email or post to the ADA's Legal Division:
American Dental Association
Attn: General Counsel, Legal Division
211 E. Chicago Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60611
In order to be effective, the notice must substantially include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or alleged to be the subject of infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and,
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please also note that the information provided in your notice may be forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content.
- By posting material to ADA Connect, you grant ADA a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, distribute, perform and display such material alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or hereafter developed and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers.
- ADA does not pre-screen postings to ADA Connect or verify the source of postings. All postings to ADA Connect are made automatically and are identified by name and e-mail address. Unless otherwise stated, the views and opinions expressed on ADA Connect have not been approved by ADA and do not necessarily represent the opinions or policy of ADA.
- ADA does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the materials posted in ADA Connect. ADA is not responsible for the acts or omissions of any third party or for the opinions and materials posted by others. ADA is not responsible for any wrongdoing, such as incidents of harassment, slander, malice, defamation of character, copyright or trademark violations, or any civil or criminal actions that occur or are alleged to have occurred through the use of ADA Connect. The responsibility and defense against such actions or claims is solely that of the individual. ADA assumes no responsibility for the direct or indirect consequences of posting material on ADA Connect. You agree to hold the ADA, its officers, trustees, employees and/or agents harmless with respect to the use of or the inability to use ADA Connect, including without limitation any information that you post on ADA Connect and reliance on any information posted thereon.
- ADA, with or without cause, reserves the right to cancel in whole or in part the authorization of any user to use or access ADA Connect